Bild von alter Kaserne wo heute der PRE Park ist

History

When a group of Kaiserslautern business people purchased the area of what is known as the PRE Park from the Federal Government in June of 1997, the former Holtzendorff Kaserne could already look back on more than 60 years of military history:
The barracks built in 1937/38 by the German Wehrmacht were taken over by the French after the war, until 1992.

The new usage concept of the PRE GmbH is based on complete restructuring and new development: After the history, the beginning of a success story...

1937/38

Construction of Holtzendorff-Kaserne

17.12.1938

Kaserne Inauguration

20.03.1945

Take-over by Americans

13.07.1945

Take-over by France as occupation power

03.06.1992

Withdrawal of the French

19.09.1992

The Kaserne reverts to the ownership of the Federal Government

20.06.1997

Purchase of the Holtzendorff-Kaserne by the PRE-GmbH